Hunters Chicken is an absolute classic, combining loads of tasty flavours together in one delicious package. Being all about easy ways to make things a little healthier, we’ve got together a damn good recipe using alternatives to your usual ingredients that will give the nutritionals a bit of a boost in the health department, so, shopping list at the ready…
Throw this lot in your basket:
- Chicken breast
- Serrano ham
- Eat Lean spreadable cheese
- Blend Bros BBQ sauce
- Grab your chicken and slice each breast horizontally (but not all the way through) to create a nice pocket for your cheese to be crammed into. We’re suggesting the Eat Lean Spreadable Cheese because it’s nutritionals are banging – 40% less calories and 65% less fat than your standard spreadables, so you’ve already got a head start.
- Now you need to wrap the chicken in a few slices of serrano ham; it holds everything together, tastes good, and has great stats! Each slice has just 32kcal, 1.8g of fat and 0.5g of salt – that’s compared to 108kcal, 7.6g of fat and 1.7g of salt in your average piece of unsmoked bacon.
- Throw them in a baking dish and whack them in the oven at 200c for around 20 minutes, then cover generously in Blend Bros BBQ sauce (grab a bottle in Sainsbury’s or Asda if you’re not stocked up already) – with zero sugar and only 5kcal per serving we don’t need to boast much more about those figures do we! Chuck them back in the oven for 10 minutes, and why not throw some more cheese on top – with nutritionals this good you may as well!
- Once they’re bubbling, piping hot and crispy on top, plate them up with sweet potato fries, salad or greens, and you’re good to go!
Extra flavour tip: marinate your chicken breast in BBQ sauce before you start for an extra punch of flavour, thank us later.
If you give this one a go, don’t forget to tag us in your pictures!